My Happiness: Why I smile By: Puck Arks



Written By: Puck Arks

My Happiness: Why I smile

Waking up this morning I smile. 

My resources for practice are my own peace and joy. 

I vow to cultivate and nourish them with daily mindfulness. 

For my ancestors family, future generations, and the whole of humanity, I vow to practice well. 

In society I know there are countless people suffering,
drowned in sensual pleasure, jealousy, and hatred.

I am determined to take care of my own mental formations,
to learn the art of deep listening and using loving speech
in order to encourage communication and understanding
and to be able to accept and love. 

I vow to look with eyes of love and a heart of understanding. 

I vow to listen with a clear mind and ears of compassion,
bringing peace and joy into the lives of others to lighten and alleviate the suffering of living beings. 

I am aware that ignorance and wrong perceptions can turn this world into a fiery hell. 

I vow to walk always upon the path of transformation,
producing understanding and loving kindness. 

I will be able to cultivate a garden
of awakening. 

Although there is birth, sickness, old age, and death, now that I have a path of practice, I have nothing more to fear. 

It is great happiness to live in stability and freedom, to take part in the work of relieving others' suffering,
In each moment I am filled with gratitude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Brothers & Sisters By: Puck Arks

New YouTube Series By Josh Earwood "The Idiots Among Us"

Ponder This: GWEN Towers